We are ANBI (government recognized charity) and the required financial statement, policy document and statement of activities are published here and accessible to everyone so you can hold us accountable for what we do with your donations and how we do our work, as mandated by Dutch law.
- the foundation is called Stichting Yworks (Yworks foundation)
- the RSIN is 854359898
- the contact information is our email address info @ yworks.org, the phone number of the board chairman Fré Riepma +31508795305 and our mail address: 97 Zilverlaan, 9743 RE GRONINGEN, the Netherlands
Almost all abandoned and rejected children in underdeveloped Sri Lanka, are teenage girls with no economic value to their parents because they are pregnant and unmarried.
This way, every year 20,000 girls and their 20,000 unborn children, are the victim of abandonment and rejection. Sexual education is important and being dealt with by the UN.
Meanwhile, the rejected and abandoned children, victims of ignorance and shame, need help.
To give these children a future our goal is to:
“Improve the position of unwed pregnant women and single mothers in Sri Lanka”
This is not because we think women should be single mothers but because children are more important than shame.
[i] policy (pdf)
Fré Riepma — chairman
Wubbo de Vries — secretary
Harmen Stamhuis — treasurer
Patrick Bos Kessen — operations
The board receives no payment for it’s activities and there is no other management.
We’re working every day of the week to:
- support and train our local volunteers that implement and run our program
- expand our local network to offer our program in more locations
- find donors and motivate people/organizations to join us and help
- inform donors and people/organizations that support our vision
- grow the group of people with whom we realize the vision
[i] financial statement (pdf)
Wikipedia information about the history of Sri Lanka.
OpenDoors provides information on persecution of Christians in Sri Lanka, the situation in which our local volunteers work and live.